Sunday, August 4, 2013

Talking Stringer and CC


This has been quite a memorable week as the team has just finished its first week of camp. In this period we also had the remembrance of Korey Stringer passing away 12 years ago on August 1, 2001 and then on Saturday Vikings fans were able to watch much deserving Cris Carter finally get in the Hall of Fame.

Korey Stringer, I will always remember how he treated his fans. He was such a kind hearted man towards the kids. I can remember days when people would be trying for his autograph and his comment you could almost count on was “kids first.” I will never say I knew him on a personal basis. I did get my picture with him and watched him pleases seemingly hundreds of kids. I know these guys can’t please everyone but he was sure good with the kids.
 

Cris Carter, a man who I enjoyed thoroughly watching him make the one handed catch like it was nothing. I can remember watching Cris play catch with Randy Moss in his rookie year. I never did get a picture with him but my memory of him is this. My daughter who was 7 or 8 years old was wearing her CC 80 jersey. She asked him to autograph it and he bent over and signed the sleeve of her jersey. Thanks Cris, you made her day and she still to the day has it.
 

Training Camp is where memories are made of and these 2 gentlemen gave me plenty of them.

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment