Friday, August 2, 2013

LOOKING AT PLAYERS FROM WEEK 1 IN CAMP


Well training camp is officially one week done as of Friday. I wanted to share my thoughts on different players in different groups who have been fun to watch. My hope is you see what I see when you watch the game next Friday

Quarterback- Ponder and Cassel are 1 and 2 but one guy who really shows me arm strength and a tremendous quick release in McLeod Bethel-Thompson.
4-McLEOD BETHEL-THOMPSON
 

Running Back- AP and Gerhart are locks but one guy who is having a tremendous camp is Bradley Randle who I wrote about in an earlier blog.
38-BRADLEY RANDLE
 

Tight Ends- Kyle Rudolph I expect nothing but big things out of but the guy I really want to succeed is John Carlson. He had such a bad year and injury problems. He has such a chance to give us 2 of the best tight ends in football. This camp he has looked tremendous.
89-JOHN CARLSON
 

Offensive line- This I believe is one of the best in the NFL already. Matt Kalil comes into camp in unreal shape. He will be the best left tackle in the league very soon.
75-MATT KALIL
 

Wide Receivers- A tremendously talented group with Cordarrelle Patterson, Greg Jennings leading the way along with Stephen Burton and Jarius Wright are also having a very good camp. Jerome Simpson and Joe Webb are fighting as well. The one guy who is trying to make it the hard way by way of rookie free agent and is from Minnesota State is Adam Thielen. There is not a day that goes by that he does not make a wow catch.

19-ADAM THIELEN
Punter- Chris Kluwe surprising release and the team drafts Jeff Locke. How will he do? It seems like I see at least one 60-70 yard punt a day. The guy just booms the heck out of the ball.
12-JEFF LOCKE
 

Linebackers- One of the biggest area of concerns may have been this group and more specifically at middle. One week into it I absolutely love what Erin is doing. His hustle and desire to be good is showing big time. I am truly excited what Erin will bring.
50-ERIN HENDERSON
 

Defensive Backs- Chris Cook is the veteran back there but the camp that A.J. Jefferson is having is something to keep an eye on as we go forward. His other asset he offers is kick return ability.

24-AJ JEFFERSON
Defensive Line- The team has so many free agents including Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Brian Robison to name a few. I love the energy Griffen plays with. It would be a wish of mine if he could get double figure sacks. This defensive line is going to be awesome mark my words.
97-EVERSON GRIFFEN
 

This is a list of players to watch during preseason along with the other 81 players making 90 total. These guys who are really catching my eye and I will continue to see in the next week who is making a statement.

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

 

No comments:

Post a Comment