Sunday, August 11, 2013

Strange morning walk through Sunday


The men in purple are back in Mankato on Sunday, August 11th for another day of training camp.

The crowd this morning for a Sunday was on the smaller side. The weather had some sprinkles but mostly cloudy.

The walk through practice was to be 10:30-11:30 and with fans lining up between 9:30-10 there began to be some grumbling. You ask why? The reason is the gates did not open at 10 like the schedule calls for.

A worker came out to the gate that is locked and announced practice has been moved from 10:30 start to 10:55 start.

I saw Sharrif Floyd come to the practice field making me believe he would be good to go. I just heard on the radio after practice that Floyd is feeling some pain and they will hold him out today and the feeling is he will not play Friday.

The rest of the practice was light literally. It was a walk through that began at 10:55 and ended at 11:30. Fans I talked to were disappointed but what can you do. It is the risk of coming to practice. I am here all day so I will look forward to the 2:45 session.

On a humorous note I was watching practice when I heard clapping down the stands from me. I look and here comes Brian Robison, Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Everson Griffen and Fred Evans. All other players had been on the field for a good portion of the practice. Allen and the other 4 guys came with about 15 minutes left. The offense was running there walk through when these 5 guys came by. The offense stopped and joined the fans in clapping as these guys walked by.

It was announced today at Coach Frazier’s press conference that the starters would play all first quarter and a little second quarter.

That’s all from Mankato stay tuned later for the afternoon practice update

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

 

No comments:

Post a Comment