Thursday, August 8, 2013

Let the home field advatage begin...all the way to the Meadowlands

Tomorrow is the night I have been waiting for since the playoff loss to the Packers in January. I feel like a kid sitting around the Christmas tree waiting for a present with my name on it. The blood is rushing at a fast pace and it is pure purple. I was at work one day and got cut.  I freaked people by saying “ I am bleeding purple.” The people that came to see it was amazing. They know what a serious passion I have for this team.

The 14th season of having season tickets begins Friday at 7:00. The memories through the years such as last year’s game winning kick by Blair Walsh that put the team in the playoffs. How about the Favre to Greg Lewis in the back of the end zone vs. the 49ers? 

The last season at Mall of America Field is so hard to believe it is finally here. It is so important to keep the season tickets so when the new stadium opens I can transfer my 2 seats.

Yes, Friday is only preseason but for fans like myself and the other 63,000 crazies it is a chance to be there and cheering the 90 players that will be on the field.

I have got such a great response from people that read my blog. I love your passion and appreciate your comments. I will go to each game and write a blog not so much about stats. I rather like to give you the feel of what went on inside. The fans and their reactions I like to cover. I will add my thoughts of the team’s performance. My blog I feel separates from others because it is from a fan perspective. You can go on line and get stats all you want but to read about the atmosphere I believe is harder to find.

I enjoy watching people at the games and see how they behave or not behave. I have seen people throwing up at 12:30 in the afternoon. I have seen my share of fights in the upper deck. Please stay tuned during the season and get the info of how the game played out both by the team and by the fans. I hope you enjoy the read.

I know many of you are out of state and cannot come. It is my hope by you watching the game and my blog you will feel like you were at MOA Field.

Friday begins another interesting topic and that is the bag check. The NFL has a new policy. I am not looking for trouble but I am very interested to see just how many people will try to buck the system. My plan is to write a small blog on what I saw.

I did send a tweet to a member of the Vikings asking if the clear bags would be available. I got the answer today.  There will not be bags for sale until the home opener. I will admit I was disappointed to get that answer but it is what it is. I have read the memo from the NFL and will comply.

We do not plan on bringing our camera we use for great action shots. I will bring a regular small camera and save the other one when we can get the bag that complies with the NFL rules.

Friday we begin our 11-0 record at home. You ask 11-0?  Sure 2-0 preseason 7-0 regular season and 2-0 in playoffs including winning the NFC title game.  Then boys and girls it’s off to the Meadowlands for the Super Bowl.

Texans are going down!!!

Thanks for readiing

Purplestick


No comments:

Post a Comment