Saturday, March 8, 2014

Thoughts on the Cassel return

PhotoPhoto


Matt Cassel returns to the Purple for 2 more years gives me a feeling of relief. I may be in the minority by saying this but I really like what he showed last season,


It was in 2013 that the Vikings made a big splash when they signed Greg Jennings. It seemed early on that the investment was not showing as Jennings was not involved. It was not until Cassel made his appearance that Jennings finally showed his value.


The Vikings bringing in Norv Turner to run the offense also gives me hope that the 2 paired together will bring a better success than last seasons debacle of quarterback merry go round. I say the word,stability to describe for now this early offseason.
Photo






The 2014 draft I feel now will be looked at different by the coaching staff. I still would love to see a Manziel, Bridgewater or Bortles being taken at number 8.


I was thinking with Zimmer in charge that the team may take defense with 8 and now with Cassel resigning I am more convinced,


The defense has so many holes and now with Tuesday the 11th coming I am looking for the Vikes to lose a lot of their defense by way of free agency.


The bottom line for me is no matter what happens by free agency or draft I will love the team and support.


I will throw out my mock draft in a different way and only speaking Vikings at number 8. I predict the Vikes take Johnny "Football" Manziel or one of 2 linebackers and they are C.J. Mosley (Alabama) or Khalil Mack (Buffalo University).


Thanks for reading
Purplestick



No comments:

Post a Comment