Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Season tickets got a new twist Wednesday

Photo

Well the news broke early Wednesday that Jared Allen has signed with another team. The signing did not surprise me but the team he signed with, the Chicago Bears totally caught me off guard. I have been waiting all week for ESPN to have breaking news that Jared had signed with Seattle. This is the news I have been expecting and not todays shocker.

The story has been nonstop on the radio Wednesday along with reading about fans reaction.  I say so far it seems to be 60-40 not happy with him leaving for the Bears.

My opinion may be in the minority but it goes like this. I dislike the Bears so much but I am happy for Jared fining a team that would give him a 4 year contract. I guess honestly I believed the day he would finally sign I would see more dollars that he would get. The 4 years, 32 million is a ton of money but I still felt he would get more than that.

I wrote a blog earlier in the week about Jared and I still stand behind my words. My hope is he gets big numbers in sacks but none against the Vikes quarterback of course.

I would also love to see him continue to sack Rodgers (Packers) and Stafford (Lions) repeatedly in both games he will see them this season.

I guess I would like to add about the Bears and that is I just feel as long as Cutler at helm at the quarterback the Bears will never go anywhere. His temper and attitude he displays on the field just can’t be liked by his teammates. I guess that will be for the Bear’s players and fans to worry about. The man with no question has a rocket arm but just is not mobile and will be subject to multiple sacks. My point is I believe Jared will get his numbers but this is not enough to elevate the Bears to the top of the NFC North.

The NFC North will only get more and more talked about as the season approaches. We have watched Julius Peppers leave for the Packers and now Jared leaving for the Bears. It is my feeling these two men are the top 2 sack artist for sure in the division if not the NFC overall.

The story coming out today with Jared has Vikings fans talking for sure but 2 people also that have a say in  this will be Rodgers and Stafford. These 2 have got to be scratching their heads in wonderment as they will still have to deal with Peppers and Allen still twice a year.

The Bears team getting Jared is better news than if we would have read him going to the Packers. Today’s signing has got to make this division the most watched when the season finally rolls in.

I will also add one more player that will be a factor and that is our left tackle, Matt Kalil. This signing and staying in the division could favor Kalil with the fact that for 2 seasons Kalil has gone against Jared in Training Camp and practices. It will be a story line alone when these two teams meet. I like Kalil’s chances and I will be interested to watch Matt in training camp. I will also predict that Matt will be a heavy target of the media as the season approaches questioning him about how he feels he can do against Jared.
The game when Jared does come back with the Bears might just now be the game of the home schedule. How will fans react when they see him? I could never bring myself to boo Jared. I respect him way too much. I will cheer however when I do see Cutler laying on TCF Bank Stadium countless amounts of time after a sack. I can't wait for the season to be here.

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment