Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Saying goodbye to Toby

32-Toby Gerhart signs with Jacksonville Jaguars
The free agency sage continued Tuesday night. I hope quite often when a Vikings player becomes a free agent that we can resign that player.
Toby Gerhart, I had hoped the team would resign him but also felt in my heart that Toby would like a chance at seeing the field more often.
The problem in Minnesota is we have all-world Adrian Peterson and is the face of the Vikings organization.  My question to myself was: “Would Toby resign and be willing to backup AP?” I honestly could not answer that with a yes.
NFL is a business and players often go where money speaks along with a chance for players to get their time to shine.
I have nothing but praise for Toby. I had met him several times in Mankato and he seemed to come across as a quiet guy yet took time to meet his fans.
Toby has had quite the football beginning. He finished 2nd in the Heisman balloting and then gets drafted and plays 2nd behind the great Peterson. It is time for him to get a shot at being the number one back.
I wish Toby well in Jacksonville. I feel with Maurice Jones-Drew potentially on the move that Toby will be the man.
Thanks Toby, for your time in Minnesota. Good Luck to you in the rest of your NFL career.
Thanks for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment