Saturday, July 14, 2012

Season tickets

Saturday July 14th I went to my mail box and in it was the best item a Vikings fan could get. That's right my wife and my season tickets came today. I call it Christmas in July.

It is year 13 for season tickets and what I am proud of amongst many things is I have only missed 1 game in that stretch. I will never forget I was in the process of getting ready to buy a house. I was getting ready to go to the Vikings preseason game against the Miami Dolphins. The bank called and found a problem on the application so I called a friend to use the tickets. The bank problem turned out to be nothing so we missed a game for nothing.It was heart breaking but I can still say I have never missed a regualr or playoff game in my 13 years.

The Vikings ticket people call each off season and ask about moving our seats. We had been in section 215 seat 5 and 6 for a few years and with being on the end the price of getting up seemingly every other play for people to get through. We asked to move to the middle of this section. The Vikings rep said most people want to move towards the 50 yard line not the other way. My feeling is there are not many bad seats at Mall of America Field. I just want to watch the game. The results in 20 games in the last 2 seasons I had only needed to get up 1 time. This is quite pleasing. I know people pay money to do what they want but sometimes I wonder do people want to watch a game or walk around?

The ticket price has not gone up in I believe the last 3 seasons so that does help although I know it will not last forever.

People ask me what we pay and I tell them a general cost not that it is anybody's business but after I am done breaking the cost down people agree that is not bad. I ask how much does it cost to go to a concert. The answer frequently is more than I pay for my ticket per game. I pay what I can afford and not get crazy. I am a fan who wants to be in the craziness at MOA field and be able to afford it.

The one nice feature we have is ticket payments can be made in 3 installments which helps my famlily budget.

The first year I had season tickets was the incredible year of 1998 watching the team not lose a home game until the NFC Championship game against Atlanta. In 2011 we got to witness an NFL record as the Vikings were the first team in history to blow the big double digit half time leads.

If I had to give up the tickets and only keep 1 game it would be the Green Bay Packers game. When the Pack is in town and all the green and yellow clad fans invade the dome it is crazy. You do not know if you are in Lambeau field or home. It is so loud words can not describe it. You hear Go Pack Go over and over. The amount of couples seen in the crowd is neat as well as one has a Vikings and one a Packers jersey on.The tailgating before thee game is something you have to see to believe.

The desire to keep on getting season tickets had paid off in another way and that is when the new stadium is built we will move with them. My thought is whether the team is winning or losing the desire to get tickets to be in the new stadium will be high.

The 2012 season is around the corner the tickets have arrived and now it is time for some football.

I know I said defensive line would be next but when the tickets came it was time to sit down and expresss some feelings of excitement

Next up-DLine
Thanks for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment