Friday, July 27, 2012

1st practice in the books

I got to Mankato at 8:30 this first day of practice and my first thought was I need a jacket. I can not believe I was even thinking this after the heat we have been living through.

One of the many reasons I love coming is the people. Today I met a man from Kalispell, Wyoming. He was on his way through Mankato and heading to Wisconsin. He stopped by Training Camp to maybe meet a player he knew in the past. This man was the phy ed coach in high school in Wyoming and one of his students was Lex Hilliard who is a free agent signed in the offseason. I got to watch as the 2 met up and boy was that ever neat. I took a picture of the 2 in hopes of finding the man and getting an address to mail it to him. I had no luck but this is just another case of interesting stories here in Mankato. It is not only the players who have fun.

The practice this morning was a walk through from 10:30-11:30. I was interested to see what time people would wait to get into watch practice. The time was about 9am when people started lining up to get in an watch practice.

The one fact with this team is all are in camp and no one is hurt other than Adrian Peterson. The walk throughs are self explanatory as they walk through. The one thing I do enjoy is this is the first time this season to see all players in jerseys. The offense was in white and the defense in purple. It is a sight to see 90 players in uniforms.

The next practice is at 2:45 and I will write tonight after pratice is over. This will be the start of the fight for a roster spot. Who can outwork who? Who wants it more rookies or veterans? We will find out shortly. I for one can not wait to see for the first time in camp the battle between Matt Kalil and Jared Allen.

Thanks for reading
Purplestick


No comments:

Post a Comment