Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mark your calendar

If there is one day I will recommend to come over will be Saturday August 4th. It is called "Family day."

The events go on for kids in the afternoon. There is a free Gatorade Training Camp for youth from 2:30-3:30 for both boys and girls.

The next event will go from 4-5 and that event is a cheerleading clinic.

Both events are free just need to sign up your children. You can sign up before the events take place. There are plenty of people there to help with any questions.

I know my daughter participated a couple years ago and did she ever have fun. The Vikings cheerleaders did such a good job to get the children involved.

The Vikings 2012 squad will have practice from 7-9:30. The team will suit up in full pads and you can watch some hard hitting football in Minnesota State's own Blakeslee Field. The quarterbacks are off limits from getting hit but all players seem to be fair squad.

The next event will be right after practice and that will be the team introduction. The years I have attended the stands have been packed.

Please stick around because after the players intro will be a fireworks show. I honestly was going to skip that last year and try to beat the traffic heading out of campus. I thought I should stick around and see what they are like. My opinion is the fireworks display was better than the 4th of July I witnessed the month before camp starting. It will go down as the best I have ever seen.

As you can see it is a jammed pack full day of events. I can only hope you can make it and see what a nice day the Vikings organization presents on what is called Family Day.

Thanks for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment