Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 3 night afternoon practice

The weather so far seems to have a trend. It is beautiful in the morning with a breeze and in the afternoon it really heats up. There was a breeze today so it helped some. The water and gatorade being sold is a hot comodity. I have seen fans bringing umbrellas to help keeep the sun of them. The bleachers fans sit in has no protection from the hot sun.

The afternoon practice started at 2:45 and for the first time in camp players were in full uniforms.It was so exciting to know that I would see some hitting today.

The start of practice I watched rookie kicker,Blair Walsh kick some bombs. They were 52-56 yards consistently good with yards to spare. It was simply amazing to see those kicks. I have met him alrerady and he is not a very big guy. I can't wait to see how he does with kick offs this season.

The practice itself was the first chance to see Kalil against Allen. The first round Kalil I thought did alright but the next round Allen showed no sympathy. I still think this is a huge benefit for Kalil to be the man that will be the left tackle for the next ten years in going against the best in the business.

There was no squirmishes I saw but plenty of pad popping. It was a sound that is music to my ears. I did see running back Jordan Todman blast through a hole and of to the races. I also saw the other side was Toby Gerhart was dropped in his tracks. The mention of Toby even on the field after surgery late last season is incredible. He does look very good carying the ball. He looks bigger and stronger than last year.

I am noticing the connections on the deep ball are missing at times but the success I am seeing is across the middle and down the seem. Kyle Rudolph is as good as advertised. I keep hearing fans wanting to compare him to Rob Gronkowski from the Patriots but we will need to wait and see. Rudolph is a big target and catches everything. It is a very exciting future for this young man.

Some observations from the practice there were 2 field judges and 2 side judges at practice watching how players were lining up. A flag was thrown a couple of times today for false starts.

I also saw Vikings owner Zygi Wilf on the sidelines today as well.

Thanks for reading
Purplestick


No comments:

Post a Comment