Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mankato, the Vikings are coming

The city of Mankato is where I went to college and that was fun but the period of July and August is full of fun on a different level.

The restaurants, hotels, River Hills Mall all reap the benefits of camp. I encourage fans to keep their eyes open because you never know who you willl see around town.

I was in Target a few years back waiting in line when I turn around and who did I see, Randall McDaniel and Mike Morris. It was so hard to want to talk to them but also know they are people like you and I.

I was coming out of Wal Mart minding my own business when I look up and see Jim Kleinsasser and Tarvaris Jackson coming in. I have to admit my mind was thinking what are these wealthy men doing in Wal Mart. I know it is wrong to think that way but hey I am just being honest.

I was in Red Lobster and was walking to where I was getting seated and who do I see seated, Ed McDaniel having dinner. It is so hard to not want to stop and say something.

I was driving to McDonalds when a nice SUV came next to me. I look up and Randy Moss was driving. I waved and he waved back.

I was in Jimmy Johns eating supper when former first round wide receiver Troy Williamson came in.

I was at at a restaraunt bar eating when Koren Robinson was seated behind me.

Chipotle seems to be a players favorite as I have seen Matt Birk, Steve Hutchinson, Anthony Herrera, Phil Loadholt and more.

I tell you these things just to show you Manakto has a different personaltity when it comes to camp. I believe in leaving these guys in peace but is still exciting to see them. I feel like such a kid.

It is just one more reason I love Training Camp and all that comes with it.

Thanks for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment