Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fun at Move in Day

The weather was beautiful, the fans were fired up as the players began to arrive. 2012 Training Camp is here.

There were 75-100 fans roughly eagerly awaiting the arrivals of players. The players did not disappooint.

4:00 is when the players had to be in but many of the players were early. I got to Mankato around 1 and there were already several Vikings players already either walking around or riding their bikes.

I could not get over how friendly the players were. I watched as many of them take time and sign autographs along with taking pictures with the fans.

The player that most impressed me was new wide receiver Jerome Simpson. He made many fans happy as he went down a line and did pictures with many fans and signed seemingingly not to be in any hurray.

I got word that Matt Kalil signed and word was passing quickly amongst the fans. Matt pulled in and a mob ensued. It was so fun to see this giant come up to the fans and sign for them. The amount of pictures being shot sounded like a machine gun. One photographer even stood up on the ledge of a light pole and shot down into the crowd. Matt was very cordial.

It is great to have everyone in camp. This is such an important part of the season so to have everyone on board is huge.

Christian Ponder was along side Kalil meeting the fans. Christian stopped several times doing a nice job of getting to different fans.

I had read in the off season Ponder worked with the weights and today I thought it showed as he looked bigger. The guy has a personality that is hard not to like.

The fans brought plenty of things to get signed. One of the more popluar items is items from the players college days. It seems the players really enjoyed their college pictures as fans were handing them in to get signed.

Joe Webb and Jasper Brinkley also took several minutes to met the fans.

I do not know if it was because the players got into Mankato so early that they had the extra time to mingle or not. The bottom line is the players were a hit with the fans.

I made my way home and when I got home and read twiter when I find this.

I follow Chris Kluwe on twitter. He is so funny as his tweet tonight went like this- I appear to be moving up in the world as I got a corner room. It is spacious and feels like I could run laps inside. This guy is not only funny, but he is so nice to meet and very friendly.

Tomorrow the action begins with 10:30-11:30 walk through practice

Thanks for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment