Sunday, December 2, 2012

Wrapping up the Packers game

I get up for every game but the Packer game my heart pounds harder than normal. I don’t care if it is a home game or watching the game on TV when it’s in Lambeau is a feeling like no other. The amount of Packers fans I know makes the game just that much more special. It is so fun to watch this rival game. The hours after the game I am emotionally drained.

I seem to spend extra time in my head trying to figure out just what happened. I have heard nothing but Ponder this, and Ponder that. It is understandable but I just wonder if we could have any kind of passing attack Adrian would get more yards than he already gets.

I am still in shock as I have watched many highlights of the game as we watched Adrian break a Vikings record by getting his 6th straight 100 yard rushing. The Packers had only allowed one thus far until Sunday. The 82 yard run goes down as his longest in his career. The stat I found tonight really is mind blowing.

The fact that since week 7 Adrian is averaging 7.8 yards per carry and Christian Ponder is averaging 5 yards per completion. It makes what AP is doing even bigger.

Agree or disagree, the ability for Peterson to break a long run, look at the scoreboard to see how his pursuers are doing and still stay at a pace to win the race to the end zone is so impressive.

The month of December is when teams make a push for the playoffs. The Vikings in the last 4 games have the hardest schedule in the NFL.

The team is in the playoffs mix yet but I am hoping for a division title. I do not want to back in by watching other teams lose.

It all begins Sunday when the Vikings host the Bears.

The Bears schedule: at Minnesota, then home vs. Green Bay then on the road at Arizona and Detroit to finish their schedule. Yes, 3 of 4 on the road.

Green Bay schedule: home vs. Detroit then at Chicago home vs. Tennessee and then end the schedule by coming to Minnesota. 2 home and 2 away.

It does not matter at all if the Vikings cannot take care of business. I took the loss in Green Bay hard but will believe the team can find a way to get the job done.

Detroit is a hard team to figure after making the playoffs in 2011. Sunday Detroit became the 3rd time in NFL history to lose 3 straight after having 4th quarter leads and all 3 games were in Detroit.

2012 is the year of the unexpected and that is why my heart is saying somehow, someway the Purple will find a way to get the job done even it means Peterson carries this team.

We the fans need to come next Sunday and pour every cent of energy we have and show the Vikings we are behind them 100 percent.

Thanks for reading

Purplestick


No comments:

Post a Comment