Friday, December 14, 2012

Season ticket holder thoughts about the future

As a 13 year season ticket holder and no matter how the 2012 season turns out I am facing a fact. A new stadium is coming and I am pumped.

The fact that 2013 will played in the dome and then after that the question of how many seasons are played at TCF Bank Stadium.

The groundbreaking for the new stadium will occur in the fall of 2013 and I plan on going. I went to the Capitol to help with the stadium battle then went to Rochester to meet the Architect who will be designing the new Vikings home. The next step is groundbreaking.

I am going to enjoy everything as the dome comes to an end. I looked up the 2013 home opponents for the Vikings to see who we play.

It will be fun with some of this year’s exciting rookies from this year coming to Minnesota in their second seasons.

The dates have not been set just the teams. Yes, the Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears are coming as usual. The others we will see are the Philadelphia Eagles. The bad season the Eagles are having this season will be interesting in the offseason what will happen. Will Michael Vick be back? Will Andy Reid be back as Coach?
The Washington Redskins are coming with RGIII appearing. I cannot wait to see him in person. The Vikings have had to go to Washington this season and last season so finally the Redskins are coming.

The Cleveland Browns with a very young team who is improving. Browns’ rookie running back Trent Richardson will be back for year two. 2012 rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden will be back for year two.

The Vikings will play the NFC South equal of where the Vikings finish. If the season ended today the 3rd place Vikings would host the 3rd place Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If so, I would like a little pay back for the Thursday night football disappointment as the Vikings got destroyed by Tampa Bay.

Don’t forget the other home game happens in London against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
It is hard to believe a new stadium is not far away so I will enjoy everything I can in the Dome. My wife and I talked and if the dome decided to sell the actual seats we would be interested.

A life of a season ticket holder is unbelievable and I am so thankful I can live a dream. Win or lose it is awesome to know you have the ability to see the game live. I have also seen every team at least once with the Houston Texans being the last of the teams I finally saw. I have been to over 130 games and saved all my ticket stubs.
Dreams are a great part of life. The Vikings every year I want so badly for them to make it to a Super Bowl before I die. I take teasing from people for being a fan of a team who lets us down. I am proud to be a fan now and until the day I die. I just love the game, the team and going to training camp and everything I get a chance to do. The 2013 Training Camp will be my 20th season of attending. The last 16 years I have only missed 4 days. This is the passion I have for the Purple.

Thanks for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment