Saturday, December 1, 2012

Border Battle added info

Week 13 is here and with that becomes issues for teams with injuries. A fan hates to see their star players out but this is where you are hoping the depth of your favorite team is good enough to keep the wins coming.
Here is a look at the report as of Friday November 30th for the Border Battle

Green Bay Packers

Out
Clay Mathews (LB)
Sam Shields (CB)
Johnny White (RB)
Andrew Quarless (TE)
Charles Woodsoon (CB)
CJ Wilson (DE)


Questionable
Donald Driver (WR)

Probable
Greg Jennings (WR)

Minnesota Vikings

Out
Percy Harvin (WR)

Probable
Harrison Smith (S)
Adrian Peterson (RB)
Jasper Brinkley (LB)
Antoine Winfield (CB)
Kyle Rudolph (TE)
Jared Allen (DE)


A note on the Vikings players that are probable is all were in full participation at Friday’s practice.

Also on Saturday Percy Harvin has been ruled out and will not travel with the team.

As a fan I am disappointed Clay Mathews is out because I would have loved to see how the Vikings offensive line would do agaist his energetic pass rush.

I mentioned in yesterday’s blog that FOX TV has the number one broadcast calling the game. The other news I read is the referee for the game is Ed Hochuli.

I read a very interesting article about Ed and some of his background. Ed went to the University of Texas El Paso where he got his BA also with that came graduating with honors. Hochuli played Linebacker for UTEP from 1969-1972.

He earned a law degree and has been a partner in a firm in Arizona since 1983. The firm is Jones,Skelton and Huchuli, P.L.C. since founded in 1983. He is admitted to practice in Arizona state and federal courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.

I found a quote by Hochuli saying “A trial is nothing, pressure-wise, compared to the NFL” also saying “I have so long to make a decision with a million people watching and second guessing (by video) in slow motion. You got to be right or wrong. I love the satisfaction where you are right- and the agony when you are wrong.”

Hochuli finds similarities between the football field and courtroom saying “people on the field like that I am in charge and know what I am doing, but a lot of the time it’s just appearance. I’m going to sell you on my decision. It’s the same in the courtroom. You do not stand in front of a jury and say. “I think my client is innocent.” You say, We’re right!”

Ed is in his 23rd year in the NFL and 21 have come as a ref. His long explanations of penalties and his body build specifically his biceps set him apart from all other referees.

I am looking forward to Aikman and Buck on the play by play and Hochuli explaining all the penalties and hopefully more by the Packers.

Next up: Thoughts after the game

Go Vikes Go

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment