Monday, December 24, 2012

Packer week begins

This will be my 13th Packers- Vikings game at the dome with this having to rank 1st with all that is on the line. The game of 2009 when Brett Favre played for the Vikings squared off against his old team was quite a site.

The Packers have been installed as a 3.5 point favorite early in the week. I have been a season ticket holder for quite some time and if there came a time where I could not renew and the only game I could go to it would be this game.

It seems as each year comes more Packers fans seem to get in. It is painful to hear Go Pack Go in our own home. It is my hope that Vikings fans hang onto their tickets and keep the Packers fans to a minimal.

I tell you last year I thought I was in Lambeau with how loud it was. The other fact that my wife and I, and 2 other Vikings fans were in the row the rest of the row was made up of Green and Yellow.

The warning has been issued to fans on Monday to watch the tickets you buy that they are not fraudulent.

My wife and I went down to New Orleans for the NFC Championship game with the same warning to fans. We flew on a Sun Country flight for Vikings fans only. It was a flight to the game and return right after the game back to Minnesota. I do not know what a plane holds for people. I can tell you that I talked to 3 different couples that got tickets that were not legit. One couple paid 500.00 for 2 game tickets and they got to sit in a Pizza joint on Bourbon Street and watch the game. The agony I saw in faces made me appreciate to the warning.

Please verify and make sure you go through legitimate web sites when purchasing these tickets. This game will be a gold mine for scalpers and whoever else is out for a buck.

Please be careful and if you do get to the game come and be ready to rock this place making it impossible for the Packers offense to hear.

If any of you got a chance to watch the Sunday night 49ers-Seahawks you would have seen the trouble the 49ers had having to burn two timeouts early and also got 2 delay of game penalties.

This is a chance of a lifetime to go to a game like this. The rivalry already makes it fun; add in what each team is playing for and you have the making for a game of a lifetime.

Go Vikes Go!!!
Thanks for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment