Friday, December 7, 2012

Shocking KFAN announcement

On Thursday I found out like most of those who listen to the radio show KFAN that Mike Morris from the Power Trip (6-9am) was let go.

I listened to the show the morning of Friday December 7th and it was so weird not to hear Mike’s voice. I thought Chris Hawkey and Cory Cove handled things well, considering how they had to be careful what they said on the public air way. They made it clear that it stinks their friend is no longer there.

It is hard to believe it had been 11 years Morris and Hawkey had done this gig with Cove joining a little later. I thought it was a great tribute to end the show as each day previous Mike had chosen a true superstar of the day listing a serviceman or woman who served the country and made mention to end each show each day. Friday the true superstar was Mike Morris.

I know jobs are never a forever but when news like this hits it was a sad day for me because I really enjoyed listening to Mike and what he brought.

This Sunday’s Vikings-Bears game win or lose by the Vikings will be difficult for me because each game Mike and Cory Cove had run the call in show. Mike brought perspective being a former Vikings player which made the show even more enjoyable.

I had the privilege of meeting Mike numerous times during his training camp days with the Vikings in Mankato. I will tell you that he was one of the nicest players I had ever met. I have got the chance to meet over 400 different players and got my picture with each. Mike took the time to meet fans and was just flat out nice. He is by no means dead, but in my heart I feel a big loss with no more Mike Morris on the airways.

His nickname was the “Superstar” as he even autographed a football I gave him, Superstar. Who can forget those who listened to his show the numerous times he would say “You think I a’int”.

I sent an email to Mike to say thank you for the years I got to listen to you. I know there is always going to be someone to disagree but I for one really enjoyed what he brought the program. Good Luck, Mike Morris and thanks again.

Come on Vikes Lets’ win this one for Mike Morris and the rest of the purple fan base.

Thanks for reading
Purplstick

1 comment:

  1. I agree .... well lost a great on air "Long Snapper" Blessings to you MR. SUPER STAR "The Power Trip Morning Show" will not be the same.
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete