Saturday, December 29, 2012

Twas the night before the big game

Twas the night before the big game with the dome in a glow

The street lights in Minneapolis were lit and pedestrians’ traffic was low.

The Mall of America during the day before the battle had a big spread of people in their green and yellow clothing and hats

The most beautiful sight was just as many if not more fans clad in their purple and yellow

Their stood in front of Vikings Locker Room was a Vikings cheerleader at each side of the door

Packer’s fans went by as I watched and even saw a Packers fan get his picture taken with the enemy before tomorrow’s war.

The sporting stores had both teams represented in the opening which is hard to take

A Vikings win and in meaning so much at stake.

The night has come and with that are thoughts

The time will soon be here and fans will soon be tailgating in their lots.

I have seen through the years groups of fans that represent both teams

The husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends in different jerseys yet smiling it seems

The battle is near

Does each team have a fear?

The later the game starts the longer tailgating goes

I just hope the police do not have to come in the stands and take people out in rows

It is a game and fans cannot do the scoring

I just know the game will not be boring

The Packers fans come by the hundreds

My hope is those same hundreds are leaving early in disappointment.

I do not know what the night for sleep will bring

I have set my alarm and look forward to the ring.

The next thing I know I will be heading north to the big game

If I am tired I have no one to blame

As a season ticket holder this last game who would have known

Leslie Frazier has lead the team to a season that was not blown.

Let’s cheer out Purple on, Let’s lose our voices, let’s get crazy

It’s a game where a fan WILL NOT BE LAZY!!!!!

V-I-K-I-N-G-S

Skol Vikings
Thanks for reading
Purplestick











No comments:

Post a Comment