Monday, May 7, 2012

Youth movement continues

I got home from work Monday,sat down to read my everyday websites when I found some shocking news. Ryan Longwell has been released. The youth movement is still evident with this move.

Training camp for me is more than football. It is a chance to meet the men you watch on Sunday. The Vikings organization in my opinion has brought in some class guys in the last few years. I have watched players generally be more fan friendly. The thing is training camp is where the guys are fighting for their lives to make the team. The effort beyond that to take time and sign an autograph or take a picture with a fan is just that much more icing on the cake.

Ryan Longwell fits this case going beyond his duty. I will never forget my little 9 years old daughter getting a picture with Longwell last year as he crouched down beside her. What a class act. I repeat the job of the players is football but a gesture like this gives a kid a memory.

I know football is a business and teams must make decisions and sometimes they are tough ones to make. I would like to say thank the Vikings organization for bringing this class act here. I wish Ryan luck in his future endeavors.

Purple Stick

No comments:

Post a Comment