Thursday, May 10, 2012

A day never to forget

The feeling of emotion is overwhelming. Words can not describe what's going on in my head. The countless hours of tv I watched during the stadium debate, the trip to the capitol a couple weeks ago. It all is so worth it.

My wife called me at work to give word about the Senate passing 36-30. My heart was pounding as she told me the news. I immediately went from Vikings fan to fan I know at work and spread the word.

When this whole thing started I hoped, but had the gut feeling it may not pan out. It is incredible the 360 swing the stadium took to get it done in the end.

The press conference at 5:45 at the capitol brought such an emotional feeling as I watched on TV, Governor Dayton, The Wilf's, different politicians speak.The smiles I saw was priceless. It brings chills and a feeling that can not be put in one word. It has been such a stressful last couple weeks with the feeling of the unkown results good or bad.

There are so many people to thank as I said in a earlier blog. Vikings nation lives on with pride. I know I go to Twins games and it seems like they never played in the dome. It seems like Target Field has always been there. Now the Vikings in a few short years I can say the same.

It is hard to believe Twins and Vikings will be done at the dome and will be a distant memeory. The memories  of course go good and bad. The catch in the back of the end zone by Greg Lewis from Brett Favre was awesome. The flip side watching Falcon's kicker Morten Andersen broke my heart in the NFC Championship game. These whether good are bad are still memories.

We can now look forward to making new memories and enjoy this soon to be new state of the art stadium.
I will repeat myself by thanking the goverment officials who voted yes, and the Vikings organization for getting the job done.

Purple Stick

No comments:

Post a Comment