Wednesday, May 9, 2012

New stadium fever

I was at the Twins game Tuesday night just looking around and thinking just what if the state can get the deal done with my favorite team as well.

I love the Twins, but more than that is the stadium the Twins play in. I took a tour of Target Field in 2010 and the word that comes to mind is "Wow". It was totally worth the money I paid and 2 hours of my life to see this state of the art facility, home to the Twins. I have been to 10-12  games including 3 this year and have taken over 1000 pictures. I look at the pictures and am hoping I can bring my camera to the newVikings stadium and do the same.

 I watched an amazing performance by the Twins. However honestly as each team made their 3 outs my phone came out so I could read twitter. I followed 3 of the Senators during the stadium hearing. It was such a good night watching the Twins get a rare win and following twitter.

The amount of thinking about a  possible Vikings stadium I did even though at a Twins game also came through in a non stadium issue but still Vikings related. Christian Ponder was in attendence sitting just a few sections away from me. He was shown on the big screen at Target Field. Gee, thinking stadium, watching baseball and seeing the man who will lead the Vikings in hopes of getting things looking better this year. What a night in this awesome stadium!

I followed my Senator who turns out is against the stadium, which I have to understand. I can not get everyone pro stadium. It was such an exciting night seeing the tweets flying. I love having twitter and being
able to follow people involved in things such as this stadium issue.

I did not get home until 11:48 p.m. from the Twins game, which it strange because normally time is not an issue like this. I walk in the house and my wife has the debate on TV.  I got to see the vote about a minute after I arrived home come from  the Senate. The Twins won 5-0, and the Senate passed their version. This day in sports could not have gotten any better.

There was one scare as you may or may not know after the Senate approved, so I thought. One Senator made a motion for a recount. My heart was beating a mile a minute waiting for the results of the possible revote. The Nays won big so the issue of  re vote did not have to happen. I was in shock waiting all night to have a vote, the vote occurs and then a possible recount.

The happy ending at least for Tuesday made for a great night of sleep still knowing Wednesday proceedings.
still need to continue.
Purple Stick

No comments:

Post a Comment