Thursday, May 31, 2012

Life on Campus

Soon Training Camp will be here and with that comes players from all over different colleges in the United States heading to Mankato. The size of Minnesota State University Campus when these players get there may be shocking.

I state this because when I attend training camp one subject I enjoy is talking to players after practice or in between practices is their former college.

I attended Minnesota State University and did live in the Gage Towers where the players stay, so it is fun for me to ask what do they think of the facility.

The majority of these players come from a Division 1 school and with that comes big campuses. I have had more fun coversations with newcomers to the team. It is only a feeling I get but players generally lighten up and talk college life about their dorm they had or the size of their campus.

Training Camp is the time when players live, eat and breath football. If they do stop it doesn't hurt to try conversing with them by maybe just asking what they think of their temporary home. I am proud to have attended this great college and makes me even more proud to have the Vikings see how great this campus is.

Make camp an experience you will never forget. I always tell people try it once. If you don't like it you don't ever have to come again. You know I have had more success with people wanting to come back. The one thing every fan who attends has in common, passion for the Minnesota Vikings!!

Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment