Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Move in day is just hours away


The time is coming fast as Thursday is the day the Vikings players move into Mankato. The Gage Towers were imploded on Saturday June 29th. The new housing to the team will be the Julia Sears Residence which opened in 2008.

I am so excited for the start of camp. I have my oil change done and the tank is full. My car window flags are flying proudly as I have one on each side of the car. I am ready to make my journey.

I had written in an earlier blog about all my experiences with the team. One item I left out and it is important is I remain on the media emails and updates on the day to day happenings. When there is an announcement I get the email.

Tuesday I was informed by way of email that the Vikings organization has comes to an agreement with Minnesota State University and extended the team coming for 3 more seasons. This will put the team at 50 straight years to come to Mankato. This is awesome news knowing I am so close to Mankato and will be able to keep making my yearly journey.

I have written over 270 articles and I know I have posted a bunch but if you want to go to my website and read about anything from last year’s events including training camp and the season you can find them at Purplestick.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment