Sunday, July 28, 2013

Monday will be a day of firsts


One of the hardest days as a Vikings diehard training camp guy is when the team has a day off. Only 2 days of camp, (Friday and Saturday) so far, then a day off already on Sunday.

Monday July 29th will be the biggest in the early stages of camp. You ask why? The answer is this; Monday is the first day where we will see the team suit up in pads since the playoff loss in Green Bay.

The schedule will be 10:30-11:30 with a walk through in Blakeslee Field and then the afternoon practice begins at 2:45 and this is where we will see our boys put on the pads.

It is hard to believe the first game is a week from Friday when the Houston Texans come to Mall of America Field.

The other special day about Monday is it will be the first autograph day. Monday’s group is due to be the offensive line.

It will be interesting to see what time the first person gets in line. I find it very common to hear people will wait 2-3 hours even before practice begins. You figure waiting 2 plus hours to get in and then you add the hour practice even before a fan can meet their player they’ve been patiently waiting for. I got a funny feeling Matt Kalil’s line will be obnoxious. I have no proof, just a gut feeling. I will of course find out for myself when I show up in Mankato and witness the other die hards.

I will write tomorrow night covering the day’s activites with my thoughts on what I watched. My goal is for those who can’t make the trip to Mankato, you can read my blog and feel like you were a part of the day.

Until Monday Thanks for reading

Purplestick

 

No comments:

Post a Comment