Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Is it the 2013 season yet?

The season is over for the Vikings and now my life changes course with no Purple Sundays and roughly 200 days until Training Camp. I know the dates will be announced later this year so I am basing the 200 off a 1st of August start.

We have lived through craziness in the last 4 years with 2009 season a NFC Championship appearance than the next 2 year 6 wins total and now just finishing an historical season with the team winning 7 more games than the year before.

The Las Vegas odds had the Vikings pegged to win 5-6 games in preseason and at the end of the season Vegas was giving odds for the Vikings winning the Super Bowl. Does it get any crazier than this?

The offseason will be interesting to follow as the team has several free agents. They are Aromashodu (WR) Brinkley (LB),Felton (FB),Loadholt (OT) Sanford (S), Simpson (WR), Schwartz (OL),Erin Henderson (LB) and Marvin Mitchell (LB).

I would love to see Jasper Brinkley back as he just made it through the year healthy. I was so happy for him as the season before he was out for the season with an injury. He is young, got a year under his belt and is a fantastic hitter.

I would also love to get Jerome Felton resigned as he was such a tool in helping the running game, and for his work is making a trip to Hawaii.

I thought Loadholt finally on his last year of the contract had a very good season. I am not saying Pro Bowl level but he played solid.

Jamarca Sanford is feisty back at safety and loves to hit. I really like the combo of Sanford and Harrison Smith. If the Vikes decide not to resign him I am high on Mistral Raymond as well. The bottom line is the safety position is young with many good years ahead assuming the health stays intact.

The 3 starting linebackers made it through the year with little or no injury and now 2 of 3 are free agents. I am huge on Erin Henderson for many reasons including making it the hard way coming as a rookie free agent and now is a starter. This is a man with a work ethic that paid off so far.

It is important these guys get resigned and then the team can look. I know I am hoping a free agent quarterback comes to the fold. I am high on Ponder but after Saturday’s disappointment a veteran would have been nice to have.

My next desire is getting a free agent wide receiver. I just feel this team is close to competing on a regular basis just need a couple of pieces filled. I know I read quite often the name Greg Jennings. I would love this acquisition if possible.

The way Rick Spielman conducted the draft I am a believer he has this team going North and trust what he will do to get this team back to the playoffs.

The Vikings have the number 23 pick so they will have plenty of time to get the pick right the way they got 2012 right with Kalil and Smith in the first.

The Vikings know their opponents just not the dates. The home schedule: Bears, Packers. Lions, Redskins, Eagles, Panthers, Browns all coming to Mall of America Field for maybe the last season in the dome. Pittsburg is a home game except will be playing in London.

As a season ticket holder I know I get to see some of the young talented players coming such as RGIII, Cam Newton, Trent Richardson. The Eagles, Browns and Bears will have a new coach on the sideline. The Packers game will be even hotter after they knocked the Vikes out of the playoffs.

The road teams: Bears, Lions, Packers, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens and Bengals and Seahawks. This will really make the team playoff ready with this road schedule.
I know just writing this gets me excited about the future. I really think Coach Frazier is going to get the job done.

It was so nice this past December watching games that mattered for the Vikes after the last 2 Decembers simply were just games with no playoff meaning.

I read how Adrian Peterson wants to train harder than he did if that is even possible. He wants his team to show the same desire. If this does not get you fired up nothing will. The sky is the limit for AP and I believe Eric Dickerson should be concerned about his record.

The offseason will go fast starting with the combine in Indianapolis, the Draft, mini camps, training camp, preseason and then here we go again. Skol Vikings lets win this game Go get a first down then get a touchdown V-I-K-I-N-G-S

Join me in showing our Purple Passion through the offseason and let’s show the Wilf family and the rest of the organization the passion we have for our favorite team.
The Vikings will be back and will be stronger, uniting in the fight for the grand prize, the Super Bowl trophy.

Thanks for reading my blog this year

I will write occasionally during the offseason. I have had a blast expressing my feelings to you. Thanks to the people who read and left comments.

Purplestick


No comments:

Post a Comment