Sunday, January 13, 2013

Packers out,49ers team to beat?

It has been just 8 days since the Vikings were eliminated and those days have been very interesting. The amount of people that have come up to me and taking turns taking pokes at the team I support. I will never back down from my support and if anything I will get stronger.

My thought if a person is that unhappy in watching the Vikings you don’t have to watch. There are thousands of faithful that will make up for those who stop believing.
I find as the season went the same people that were bashing the team then started to talk good when the team had won 4 in a row to get into the playoffs.

The word fan to me as I have written some time ago means FORVER AND NEVERENDING. A team cannot win every week and we as fans cannot make the team win or lose. We can show support by yelling our bloody lungs out as part of the crowd noise. In the end the players are the one that make the plays, good or bad.

The Packers knocked the Vikings out last week and now Saturday the 49ers destroyed the Packers. It will be an interesting week of talk between the Vikings and Packers fans. It is an argument that will end, with no wins or losses. As a Vikings fan I am thrilled the Packers are out but also know they did knock us out.

The game in Lambeau ended the Vikings loss. It is a tough game to think about and wondering could we have won with Ponder in? There were several fans that questioned Ponder’s toughness if he really should have sat out. I cannot think this way as I look at last season and remember the beating he took weekly with a bad line in front of him. There were so many injuries and different line combinations and yet he made it through the season. I remember going to a press conference at Winter Park and looking at Ponder at the podium standing there with a gash across the top of his nose. The best description I think of is a “Rocky Movie” with Sylvester Stallone taking a pounding, falling and getting back up. This might be a little extreme example but it that is how I thought of last year watching Ponder get hammered.

The game Saturday night featured a rookie, Colin Kaepernick carving up the Packers defense with ease. I will not compare Joe Webb to Kaepernick but does make me wonder if Webb would have done more running. It is too late but it makes me think.

The 49ers offense totals 579 yards which is impressive but not as impressive as the stat that of all the powerful 49ers teams in their history this version set a new record. The Packers gave up 323 rushing which is the 2nd most yards the Pack has gave up in their history. The 45 points by the 49ers was the 2nd most the Pack has given up in their long history.

The 49ers carving up the Packers defense like they were not even on the field. I was in shock because I felt the Packers have a good secondary but Saturday the 49ers got receivers open often.

The game Sunday with Atlanta and Seattle I fully believed Seattle would win this game even being down 20-0. Seattle will be a team to fear in the future. I know Atlanta is number one seed but they just don’t seem to be the scary team.

I fully believe based on this weekend results that San Francisco will go to Atlanta and handle the Falcons. The 49ers defense plays physical along with a top notch pass rush now add the running game of San Francisco with Frank Gore and now quarterback Kaepernick and you have a dangerous team.

I am pulling for the 49ers for another reason which people may not like but I am hoping Randy Moss gets his ring in the end.

It is kind of fitting as 1998 Minnesota Vikings team with rookie Randy Moss lost to Atlanta in the NFC Title game. On Sunday January 20, 2013 Randy will get a chance to beat the Falcons along with the rest of his team.

I am disappointed Denver got knocked out by Baltimore as I am a big Payton Manning fan. I believe New England will handle the Baltimore Ravens next Sunday setting up the Super Bowl between the 49ers and Patriots.

Super Bowl Final: 49ers 35 Patriots 31

Thanks for reading
Purplestick


No comments:

Post a Comment