Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hawaii will be colored Purple Sunday

The Pro Bowl being played Sunday has had questions in the past such as, are they players giving it their all? or how about the amount of players who back out due to injury?

The Vikings now have 7 players who made the trip which is awesome. I do not care if it the result of an injury or what the case the bottom line is these guys are there.

I know I have read and heard the players get in because of popularity which is very unfortunate. I look at a Chad Greenway who had a monster year and yet gets in because of an injury to DeMarcus Ware. Greenway played every game and as far as I am concerned played his butt off. Ware ended up the last couple of weeks with a bad shoulder so as far as this fan is concerned justice has paid off and the right guy who played all 16 games is now in.

Blair Walsh was as deserving as anyone to go and thank God we did not have to wait for an injury to occur so Blair could go. I could not be happier for Walsh and I repeat myself as I believe he was the steal of the draft.

It is awesome to know that both Jerome Felton and Adrian Peterson who are both starters make up the NFC backfield. I have read Peterson wants to take this game serious and after what he did in this season is there any reason we should not doubt him. I would be shocked if he is not the Pro Bowl MVP and the game has not even been played. He might be the first running back in Pro Bowl history to have a 300 yard game.

Kyle Rudolph replaces Tony Gonzalez and again I love this. I will not say by default because there are at least 16 tight ends in the NFC so to see him come to Hawaii speaks volumes to how he is thought of. I am a Vikings fan and am biased but I cannot help but be proud to see these guys represent the team.

Matt Kalil who I thought should be there anyway as he comes in as a rookie and handles the left tackle all by himself going up each Sunday against the opposing best defensive ends and I thought he did an awesome job. He has a bright future assuming he can stay healthy. A year ago who would have seen this coming after the McKinnie departure and really a weak area of the team. A Pro Bowl much deserved. If this game is a so called popularity vote well this game could be the start for Matt.

Jared Allen and the name is all I have to say. His play, his hustle and determination is something I never get sick of watching. His sack numbers were down but the amounts of quarterback hurries in my eyes are as good as a sack.

The amount of talk about the game and the lack of passion by players who play in it will have a different tune as the Purple are invading Hawaii Sunday and will show the world that these 7 have something to say.

I would like to pass along info on a former Vikings draft choice. Do you remember Qadry Ismail? He was the 52nd pick in the 1993 draft by the Vikings. Here is a story as he won the Super Bowl with the Baltimore Ravens in 2001 and now the Ravens are back in the Super Bowl. Ismail is one of the radio voices for the Ravens radio. I thought this was an incredible good fortune for a former draft choice.

Thanks for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment