Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday morning pratice and more

I got to Mankato at my usual time. I was waiting for the players to start making an appearance when I had a great surprise.

I ran into Kevin Seifert, my favorite writer who covers the NFC North. I asked him how many days he spends at each camp. He told me 3 days in each as he just came from the Packers training camp. He had gone to the Bears before that. He is now in Mankato and then Detroit. He took the time to discuss my thoughts on the Vikings. What an honor to talk to the man who covers these teams. I gave him my business card for this website and asked if he would look at it. He took it and thanked me. Oh do I wish I was younger when I started this writing. The opportunities would be awesome.

I went to the walk through this morning and had another surprise. They moved the practice into Blakeslee Field. The field is beautiful and looks to be in good shape. I walk around campus every morning to get some excercise and looking at so much brown grass from the lack of rain.

One comment on the walk through practices is the amount of time spent on special teams is way more than I thought I would see. The change in practice schedule I did not know what the camp would be like, but now I know.

The practice ended and I went over to take some pictures of players by the locker room when I ran into a fan I see each year. I had to ask how many years has it been. He told me that he has come 14 straight camps. The 14 is not surprising but where he comes from is. He makes the 12 hour journey from Norman,Oklahoma. He comes here with an awesome camera and shoots some unbielvable shots of which he has shown me in the past.

Meeting different fans never gets old it is so neat to hear the different stories of the years they have come here. I always say we as fans already have something in common, the love for the purple. It is easy to strike up conversations.

Thanks for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment