Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday rain

The game in San Francisco is over and now it is time to get back to work. I went to Mankato Sunday so excited to watch practice again. There was one problem, and that was it rained the majority of the day.

The morning walk through was held in Myers Field House. On Friday night, Letroy Guion, who has been having a tremendous camp so far was hurt and will miss just a little of the action. I was curious who would take some of the snaps. I noticed number 90, Fred Evans got the call. Fred is in in his 6th year with the team, a guy who knows the players around him on the line. I know it is a walk through but you can still see who is lining up with which unit.

The other excitement is the news of Adrian Peterson coming off the P.U.P. list. The news is out, but the excitement I had was to actually see Ponder hand of to Peterson. This is a sight that never gets old. The walk through is slow but you still see the hand off happening. It is hard to believe how fast Peterson is making the return. He can’t put pads on until Tuesday so for today and Monday I will see him in the morning walk through.

My wife and I left practice and went to try and meet some of the players. We had luck as we met Sage Rosenfels and a few others. I was standing back and watched as my wife was talking to Sage when he took her camera. Sage had asked her if it was an A-35 camera and she said it was. He asked her if she had tried the panoramic setting. She has not so he took her step by step and showed her how it worked. He said he really liked the camera. I have never had a player interact like that with us. We just got the camera in November so we are still learning. We thanked him for showing us.

The afternoon practice was to be 2:45-5:15 but again the rain played a factor. The fans were entering Vikings Village to watch practice and players were coming out when the coaching staff changed their minds and practice was moved into Myers Field House for another walk through. It only lasted an hour and then the players had meetings after. The Field House had a big crowd which for the weather I was pleasantly
surprised.

The forecast for Monday is 70’s and sunny so hopefully some work gets done. Friday’s game will be here before we know it.
Thanks for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment