Monday, April 29, 2013

Not alone in my feeling about the Vikings draft


This past weekend was full of excitement with each every pick of the Minnesota Vikings. I left the dome Thursday night with a great feeling knowing the Vikings had accomplished a great deal.

Day 3 was successful filling many needs as well. It was the best feeling Thursday night of not hearing the boo birds when the Vikings selection was made any of the 3 picks in the first round. I love what Spielman did and give my favorite team an A.

I am just a fan and a homer so the A is easy to say. The difference this year is I have agreement from some of the national media.

I watch a great deal of NFL Network and to hear positive things said about the Vikes draft means so much to me.

The players have not put the pads on yet obviously where we can see what the players look like at practice. The base of dissecting a player from video is all we have to go off plus player interviews that are shown.

Adam Schein, NFL.com columnists has a headline that says Vikes dominate another draft. He gave the team an A+ on the first round

Bucky Brooks, NFL. Com and NFL Network analysts’ headline I found was Vikes nailed it. He goes on to give credit to Rick Spielman for putting together one of the most impressive first round hauls in NFL history.

Charley Casserly, NFL Network analysts put together a top 10 best value pick in the 2013 draft. Who does he put first? Vikings # 23 pick Sharrif Floyd is his top saying Floyd was considered a top 5 pick and for the Vikes to get him at 23 was the best value pick in the draft.

How many times on national TV do we hear doubts about the Vikings or the teams the Vikes are playing get all the hype.

It is this weekend that I will treasure and not forget the 2013 draft. If I would have known these guys would speak so highly I would DVR’d the shows to play over and over again. It is music to my ears.

The Vikes were a playoff team in 2012 and NFL Network has said the team did a good job of making sure the playoffs are coming again.

I am a starving fan and with the sniff the Vikings gave us last season it just leaves me wanting more. Do not let the last home game vs. the Lions be the last in the Metrodome. Home field advantage would be a great way to go out.

GO VIKES

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

 

Sources

NFL/com

Bucky Brooks NFL Network and NFL .com analyst

Charley Casserly, NFL Network analysts

Adam Schein, NFL.com columnists

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment