Thursday, June 28, 2012

A change in the Preseason

The Vikings have announced a change when airing preseason games and I for one love it. The change has to do with the new play by play callers on TV.They are the voice of the Minnesota Vikings,Paul Allen and his mate will be Pete Bercich.

The aweome feature of this is that it will be simulcast so the radio listeners will hear Paul and Pete as well. I can not think of a better feature than have what I consider the best radio voice in Paul Allen to be on TV as well. He is so fun to listen. It is only for preseason. The Vikings are only the 2nd team in the NFL to do this and the only NFC team to try it. I am really looking for good things to come out of this preason.

"PA" puts his heart into these games. When I listen to him I can feel the pain or the excitement depending on the play that was just run. This guy in my mind really creates listening excitement

The next addition announced today was the hiring of former Vikings linebacker Ben Leber to do sideline interviews during these games. Ben just announced his retirement recently this year. In having a guy leaving the NFL just recently I think will really add a bonus. There are still guys on the Vikings that Ben played with. What a great way for Ben to enter a new profession. I wish Ben nothing but the best. The times I met Ben in Mankato he came across as a player who cared about the fans and took the time to stop. I am not saying he always stopped but when he could he did.

The other sideline reporter remains the same with former Vikings punter Greg Coleman. I believe Greg calls it like he sees it. His post game interviews are often tremendous even in losses.

In summary you have Paul Allen who is so energetic in play calling and 3 former Vikings players in Bercich, Coleman and Leber. If this is not true Vikings coverage I do not know what is.

The game just got better by the decision to make this foursome happen. As a Vikings fan it is awesome and I wish them all the best and hope it is a view of the future.

Thank for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment