Monday, June 25, 2012

Staying strong despite disappointments

As you may know I had a chance of a lifetime given to me by my town's paper starting in 2009. They had found out my passion and asked me to write a blog from a fan's persepective. The last 3 seasons were awesome.

I find in life sometimes there comes a time that is not always easy to take as this year my blog would not continue. I did go to college, but not to be a writer so it was challenging in making my blogs attempt to be professional.  This writing did come without being paid and I had to buy my own paper which I knew and accepted.As a joke I have told people I was fired for a job I did not get paid for. Can any of you claim that? I try to keep a sense of humor because I knew in my heart it would not last forever. I am thankful for the opportunity the paper did give me. I tell people I am not a bigger fan than anyone else, I just got a chance of a lifetime and I had to run with.

I am not a quitter as I sent samples of my work around the surrounding areas. I got a taker and worked with this person through email. He liked my work and told me he would talk to his publisher. He said give me a week or 2 and I will get back to you. It is sometimes hard in life to wait. I made it the full 2 weeks. I had not got an email from him so I thought I would call the paper. I asked to talk to the man I had been emailing when I called. I got a shock as they said he no longer is with us as far as employment goes. I asked for a contact name which they gave me and I never heard back. It is time to move on, disappointed, but also understand. I am offereing to do free service and can not find a taker.

This blog I have started I absoluelty love.I had hopes to write for a paper and keep the blog purplestick.blogpsot.com going. I will work hard at this blog to give you the readers updates. I can say one month from tomorrow the 26th Training camp will be here.

I take 3 weeks off work and will do a daily blog from camp and let you the readers who are unable to make it read what I am seeing. The players who are doing well. It will be the sights without sound.

I am in contact with the Vikings PR department and they have said they thought there would be 1 to 2 days I could be involved with the other media. I am excited even  for a maybe.

My wish for Vikings fans is to try to get down to Mankato and show your Vikings support. The last 2 seasons have been tough, but true fans will always bleed purple. The way the stadium went I know there are awesome numbers of fans that will make the difference.

Remember every NFL team is 0-0 and if the Vikings can come out of the gate strong who knows? A home game against Jacksonville and then week 2 going to Indianapolis (1-15) in 2011. These are must wins. A little confidence can really make a difference.

Please feel free to make comments as what you would like to see me look for in Mankato when the team suits up. I read there is an 80 percent turnover from last years roster so I too will really need to focus on many areas. It will be a challenge but well worth it.

I believe in Coach Frazier and his staff that they will bring back the Vikings out of the cellar in the NFC North and give Vikings fans hope again.

I was at the 1998 NFC Championship game against Atlanta and flew down to the NFC Championship game against New Orleans. My heart was ripped out but you know I am faithful and will bleed purple to the day I die.

Thanks for reading
Purplestick







No comments:

Post a Comment