Sunday, June 3, 2012

NFL jerseys changes through the years

I have 68 jerseys in my collection  hanging on hangers on a portable clothing rack. They are all replicas with one exception  and that is Randy Moss's.

I started in 1994 with the first one I got was Warren Moon and the last one I just got as a gift in 2011 was Christian Ponders'.

The price was 35.00 when I started. It seems each year like anything the price goes up and now close to 100.00 if not a little over for replicas.

It seems back in the early 90's the variety of jerseys put out was not that many. The change I have seen the last 5-10 years is more players jerseys are available. Yes, you can have player's jerseys customized for whoever you want, but the fun challenge is to go to different sporting shops and see what you can find.

The other fact to look at is the different makers of the jersey's through the years. I have Puma, Rebok and Starter jerseys in my collection. The 2012 season has once again brought change and that is going from Rebok to Nike Uniforms.

I know going to games it is fun to see so many fans wearing a jersey. The most popular in my opinion is Adrian Peterson. The fun I have at games is if I can find different player's jerseys worn by fans. The sight of purple is a beautiful at a game no matter what the jersey number is.

The cost to me is not of the importance, rather I look at the jerseys hanging reminding me of who wore that jersey. It seems each player jersey I look at has a story I can remember about that player.

I am proud of this collection and the memories I have watching that particular player current or past. I have black hangers for ex players and white hangers for current player's jerseys.

Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment