Sunday, March 10, 2013

Don't miss the Draft Party at the Metrodome


The Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl but now it is time to move on and with that comes the best weekend in the offseason of football. It is called the Draft.

The Vikings had in my opinion a great draft in 2012 and I am looking forward to another successful weekend.

In looking at the current roster I count 32 draft choices that are on the team. This does include much talked about Percy Harvin who seems to be a daily conversation. It is a popular subject but in my opinion speculating does no good. The only way will be when a final decision comes.

I am writing to encourage fans to come to the Metrodome on Thursday April 25th from 5-10 pm. In 2012 the event was held for the first time in history and I thought it was a blast.

There will be a live radio side KFAN broadcasting and a big screen with the NFL network draft coverage on it. I do not know the measurements of the TV but can tell you it is huge and no trouble seeing it from a distance.

The Mall of America field offers tours of the Press Box and Locker Rooms which I encourage you to take that night.

There will be an appearance by Vikings mascot, Viktor along with the Vikings cheerleaders.

A Miller Lite Bean Bag toss tournament will be going as well.

Miller lite End Zone Bar and Food Court will be available. I know in 2012 my wife and I found some very good food choices.

There will be an autograph session with your favorite former Vikings players.

Interactive games and fan contests along with Vikings merchandise and much more.

I know last draft party the big Vikings ship was blown up that the players come running through as they enter the field. I just hope it is up again making it fun to get pictures in front of it or in it.

Please join me up there as we stand as one big purple family and anxiously wait to hear who the Vikings will take at number 23. There are plenty of chairs for those who are concerned about standing too long. It is first come, first serve.

The current draft has the Vikings at:

Round 1- 23

Round 2-22 (54th overall)

Round 3- 21 (85th overall)

Round 4- # 5 (101 overall) from Detroit

Round 4- # 23 (119 overall)

Round 5- # 22 (150 overall)

Round 7- # 7 (199 overall) from Arizona

Round 7- # 23 (215 overall)

I know things could change from now to April 25th as far as the draft order.

I can’t wait to see how the team does and who I will be meeting in Mankato.

Remember this is the last football season in the dome so lets start it out in April and have fun in the dome.

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

 

No comments:

Post a Comment