Monday, October 21, 2013

Last minute thoughts and numbers before Monday night football


I have been such a passionate Vikings fan like the rest of you but last week had something happen I never thought would happen. You ask what? I have been a record I am proud of and that is having season tickets for 14 seasons and never missing a game until last Sunday. My 11 year old daughter’s traveling soccer team made the state tournament in Rochester. I gave my tickets to 2 of my daughters and went to the tourney. The team won the state championship 4-0 over Wayzata. If you were looking for a review obviously you did not see one. My daughters at the game kept me up to date and I can assure you my stomach was sick.

I did watch the game later and the positive person I strive to be had a heck of a time finding something. I did however come up with one and that is the use of Kyle Rudolph, FINALLY.  It has been what I have been hoping for all season especially after his Pro Bowl performance.

This brings me to the game coming up shortly on Monday night football. I am truly excited to see what Josh Freeman has to offer. I recall last season the only home loss was to Tampa Bay lead by Josh Freeman.

Here are some numbers to think about;

Minnesota is 14-11 vs the NY Giants and 8-6 in Minnesota

Minnesota has won 4 of the last 5 meetings. The one loss came in 2010 when the dome collapsed and the game was moved to Detroit.

Minnesota beat New York 41-17 back on 11/25/07 the year the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Minnesota beat New York 44-7 back on 1/3/10 which is the last team Minnesota has scored 40 plus points.

This is Minnesota’s 56th time on Monday night football. The team is looking for their 27th victory on Monday night football which would tie them for 10th most in NFL history.

I know the Giants are favored and being a home team I am not surprised. The way the Vikings got demolished and embarrassed by Carolina I believe we will see a different team.

I know I read the Wilf’s were up at the locker room after the debacle and now Monday the Vikings will be playing in the state the Wilf’s are from. I am truly concerned if the team falls flat on Monday night. I am such a big Frazier fan but I will be concerned about job statuses if the team flops. I just feel the team is too proud to lay an egg two weeks in a row. The game will have more story lines than we as fans can ever understand.

I am picking the Purple to win big 42-21.

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment