Monday, May 6, 2013

Thank you, Chris Kluwe


On Monday May 6th, Chris Kluwe was given his release by the Minnesota Vikings. It does not come much of a surprise to me. I am a huge fan of this man and wish him well in the future wherever he signs.

I have met so many Vikings players over the last 20 seasons but Kluwe was one of a kind and would like to leave you my thoughts in poem form.

CHRIS KLUWE, THE CROWD PLEASER

 I will always remember the days at Training Camp as players rode bikes, but only Kluwe was found walking.

He took time out of his days to spend time with fans taking pictures and talking.

The man’s heart was second to none

He would sign for fan after fan until they were done.

Game day at the dome the scoreboard would replay the taping featuring Kluwe as the host called, “Know your Viking” with different player guests.

Each week got laugh after laugh by me as he seemed to always bring out the best.

Purplestick

 

I will never claim to know Chris but will say I met him several times and will say I know it’s a business but I for one will miss this personality along with his football skills.

The holding he did on kicks I hope people will appreciate what he did through the years. I know we are all replaceable in all our jobs.

I am a huge fan and supporter of the team and I do know it is a business and with that I welcome our new punter, Jeff Locke. He is now a Vikings and now has my support throughout his career.

In a quote in the Star Tribune Kluwe said about Locke, “I wish him the best. I hope he breaks every one of my records.” This comes from a man who I believe is a true professional.

In 2012 I was shocked when the Vikings cut veteran Ryan Longwell in favor of rookie, Blair Walsh and look what happened. Walsh sets several Vikings records. We now face the same in losing veteran Kluwe and look to replace him with rookie, Locke. It can be done so the best things we can do as fans is support the decision.

Good Luck, Chris Kluwe and thank you for the last 8 ½ years you served as the Vikings punter.

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

Source: StarTribune.com

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment