Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Packers, a first opponent in new stadium a real possibility


I have only missed one home game in 13 seasons. It is each year we make our payments for season tickets and when the final payment is sent in leaves a feeling like no other.

 We as Americans make our house payments, cable, utilities, etc as part of our lives. The Vikings tickets are a bill as well, but for me the best bill I pay and actually look forward to paying it off.

The feeling of accomplishment knowing my wife and I will get to be two of the 64,000 crazy Vikings fans is an awesome feeling.

I have been asked several times if there every came a time where we could not buy season tickets and I was given a choice of one game and one game only which game would I chose. The answer without even thinking for a second is the Green Bay Packers game.

I have been to 13 of them and have had my heart ripped put watching game winning field goals by the Packers. I was there when then Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre broke the NFL record of touchdown passes. Who can forget the Monday night game when Vikings quarterback, Brett Favre made his appearance against his former mates? That might have been one of the loudest games I have ever been to.

How about the most recent tilt when we saw Vikings rookie kicker, Blair Walsh kick the game winning field goal putting the Vikings in the playoffs?

The pregame of each one of these years is the loudest of any game on the schedule. There have been some years where I am not sure which stadium I am in, Lambeau Field or Mall of America Field. The cheering, the booing is so loud as players from each team make their pregame warm-up appearances.

The concourse at MOA Field at times as we walk through seems 50/50 with Packers and Vikings fans making their way to their seats.

It is a setting I can only wish you could be part of just one game and you will see what I am talking about. Yes, TV is an option and you maybe to feel a little but to be in there is crazy from pregame to post game.

I have been reading more and more that the first opponent in the new stadium will be the Green Bay Packers. If this is the case I cannot imagine the setting that would occur.

A brand new stadium filled with Vikings and Packers fans would be a dream come true for this season ticket holder.

The Vikings were the first visitor in 2003 to Lambeau Field after the renovation was complete. Who won that game? Yes, the Minnesota Vikings came into enemy territory and left with a 30-25 win.

2016 is still 3 years away but after reading about the possibility of a Packers- Vikings new stadium opener leaves me with a feeling like no other. I do not want to rush away my life but I tell you when the time comes I will be ready for history and a memory.

Please NFL makes allow this to happen!!!

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

 

No comments:

Post a Comment