Monday, May 27, 2013

81- Jerome Simpson, will it be his year?

81-JEROME SIMPSON- A PERSONALITY AND PLAYER I AM PULLING FOR IN 2013
  
The 2013 season is just around the corner. We have seen the NFL draft completed and now mini camps are starting to gear up on a more regular basis.

The hot summer weather brings with it another heat. The battles for positions are hotter than the August sun. The guys thinking they have it made have got to watch their backs at all times. I use the example of Bryant McKinnie. A former first round pick by the Vikes was cut early in camp. A first round cut should set a stage to players that they had better come ready to work.

The position I am anxious to see amongst many is the wide receiver battle. The signing of Greg Jennings was huge in my eyes. The play of Jarius Wright at the end of 2012 season was encouraging. The 2013 offseason move of Joe Webb going from quarterback to wide receiver will be a project to watch. The drafting of Cordarrelle Patterson will be a rookie looking to turn heads as well.

The man I am most interested and does not seem to be talked about much is Jerome Simpson. I may be in the minority but I believe this man is going to have a big season.

The first 4 games being suspended in 2012 hurt, but the team survived. I witnessed last camp the speed and athleticism from Simpson that makes me eager to see how he does this camp.

The jumping ability has been exhibited at times. He drew some pass interference penalties last season. His stats were nothing to speak of. It is a feeling of mine that he will impress the fans of Minnesota.
It was just last season this position was thought of very little by many Vikings fans I talked. 2013 season I am so excited to see this pool of talent produce and quiet the critics. I am not saying Hall of Fame but I am offering a thought of much improvement from the 2012 season.

Thanks for reading
Purplestick
 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment