Sunday, December 29, 2013

Lions game review- A great way to close MOA Field


Sunday December 29th will go down as a day I will never forget. The Vikings and the Lions both out of the playoff race and no AP or Calvin Johnson so how will these teams perform?

The game, the fans were everything a guy like me wanted to see. A game with no meaning other than players playing out the season was very entertaining.

Cordarrelle Patterson is showing Minnesota Vikings fans just why they traded to get back up in the first round. It seems every time he touches the ball I just expect a touchdown. You have to be happy for a guy like this who got very little playing time to start the season and now look at who he finished.

I give praise to Marcus Sherels, who in my mind just might be the best punt returner or 2nd to Devin Hester. I saw him catch that punt and thought if he could hit the crease I saw from the upper deck he would be gone. It was dang close but what an effort and what speed. He needs to be on the 2014 roster for sure.

The play of Matt Asiata on Sunday needs kudos. A guy who is third string and filling in for the top two and what does he do? He goes for 115 yards against a very physical team in the Detroit Lions.

The play of the defense on Sunday needs to be praised. They have been ripped by media and fans for the majority of the season and then Sunday only give up 13. Yes, I know no Calvin Johnson but I will praise the effort anyways. The touchdown by Reggie Bush was the only embarrassment I felt on Sunday. The defensive line had great pressure on Matthew Stafford all day lead by Jared Allen.

The game ending kneel down by Cassel was a great way to close the dome history. The team held a closing ceremony 9 minutes after the game.  The team had Matt Birk, Robert Smith, Adrian Peterson and Vikings great head coach, Bud Grant all speak. The speeches came to an end then fireworks went off in both end zones and then the dome lights went out. The party is officially over!!!

32 years of awesome wins and heartbreaking losses is over. I went and watched people get blown out of the dome as they excited for my final memory.

It is time to move on to TCF Bank Stadium. A day like today with the temps at or below 0 make me wonder just how fun will it be to be freezing. My next thought it is the Vikings so I don’t care how cold because I will be watching the team I love.

Have a safe and Happy New Year

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment