Monday, June 24, 2013

Checkmate, Vikes now have Bishop


A Packer player coming to the Vikings organization continued Monday as Desmond Bishop signed a one year deal to be a Viking for 2013.

Greg Jennings and Desmond Bishop are now in the fold and looking to help the 2013 Vikings get back to the playoffs.

I am very excited about this move as long as Bishop can stay healthy. I look at his 2010 and 2011 tackle numbers which he made 218 of them. 2012 was a lost season for Bishop due to an injury.

I trust the Vikings organization that they did the necessary investigation to make sure Bishop could play again. There is no one better than Eric Sugarman, Vikings head athletic trainer.

As a fan do these signings get any better when the two rivals go head to head?  How many Packer fans live in Minnesota and the same with how many Vikings fans live in Wisconsin?

This game is like no other when the teams meet. I have met fans that go to only one game a year, and that is the Green Bay game. It is an atmosphere I cannot do justice to describe to you. One word that comes to mind and that is crazy.

The announcement also makes me excited about the possibility for this outstanding linebacker corp. Bishop, Henderson and Greenway are young and athletic. The tackling machine on the outside otherwise known as Chad Greenway is a fixture there. I am still for Erin to play the middle. Bishop is versatile and would love to see him add to his 218 tackles on the outside.

Reality is coming soon as players report to camp July 25th. All I can do is dream about the possibilities. As they say only time will tell.

The Vikings are building with youth and now with Bishop, 28 destination playoffs 2013 continues.

I am looking for one of the better Mankato training camps with competition up and down the roster.

Welcome, Desmond. I look forward to seeing you in purple.

GO VIKES

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment