Tuesday, February 11, 2014

There's no place like home


Photo


My 2014 season tickets are paid for and now it is just a matter of time and wondering just what will the experience of home football games be like.

On Tuesday February 11th the NFL provided rankings for each team and how tough the schedule will be.

The Vikings will have the 12th easier schedule in the league. The home schedule has the Vikings playing the 15th easiest.

I see numbers and like the numbers but again I have to put this into my own personal perspective. TCF Bank stadium will seat less than 12,000 than Mall of America Field. I ask myself, can the outside stadium crowd make a difference? I feel whole heartedly, YES!!!!!  I think for at least the first year there will be a major difference just for one simple fact and that is, the newness of outdoor football back to the old Met days. Viking fans are die hard and will support the team loudly whether it is 52,000 0r 63,000. The fans will get the job done.

The league had already announced the opponents for each team just not the date. I cannot believe the teams we will see at home. It will be like a fantasy football feat live in front of us. I know free agency has not occurred yet. I am basing my fantasy football statement on the quarterbacks that will be facing the Vikes new defense.

Tom Brady (Patriots), RGIII (Redskins), Cam Newton (Panthers), Matt Ryan (Falcons) and then of course the NFC North quarterbacks: Rodgers, Stafford and Cutler all will perform at TCF Bank Stadium. The New York Jets are coming as well but not with the marquis name as mentioned with the others. We will see 7 of the top quarterbacks in the league.

If this does not excite football fans well than I don’t know what will. The fact free agency is coming just makes me even more eager to see the Purple play at home.

Mike Zimmer and his staff get a great test right out of the gate. 2014 is full of excitement at least from this fan writing the blog. It is an obsession in life I am proud of. The Vikings family is a great family to be a part of. Yes, we have had disappointments, but a true fan is one who stays at the team’s side through good and bad.

I know we are roughly 7 months until September but I can’t help but be excited when I see articles on line discussing such subjects as schedules.

Please join me in the countdown to 2014 regular season kickoff.

Thanks for reading and bleeding purple
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment