Friday, August 29, 2014

Excitement in the air

Photo


The excitement is in the air regarding the 2014 Minnesota Vikings. A 4-0 record in the preseason is a nice stepping stone to building some much needed confidence.

Yes, I know the last time the team went undefeated in preseason the regular season ended with a 5-11 record.

The season begins Sunday September 7th with a clean slate with all 32 teams being 0-0. It is truly fun to sit back and only hope our favorite team wins the division. Experts have the Purple either 3rd or last.

As long as Aaron Rodgers is healthy the Packers will be the team I fear must experts feel is the class of the division. Chicago and Detroit both having veteran quarterbacks will give Minnesota true tests each team we face them.

I do know the first 5 games are as tough as they come but with that being said a good team will learn not to listen to experts and play their game and at the end of 60 minutes we will see who was on top. You cannot always say the better team wins. The bounce of the ball, the turnovers, and the team with most desire to win will win. Las Vegas each week gives odds but even that you can count on.

The difference this season will be what Coach Mike Zimmer and his staff brings each game. I watched all 4 preseason games and must say it was one of the best preseason years I have ever watched.

The last game is usually so ugly with so many different players trying to be the star and hopes to latch on to the team.

I really thought all units put out on the field Thursday night really represented themselves fairly well. Saturday will be a fun day to watch the cuts and just see who makes the team that no one thought would.

Players like Joe Banyard played his butt off but with Adrian Peterson, Matt Asiata and Jerick McKinnon will there be room for Banyard? One thing said about Joe I believe is even if he does get cut, he will be picked up very quickly.

One player I was concerned about 2 weeks ago was the kicker, Blair Walsh watching him kick in TCF. I have no concern anymore as I feel very confident in what he brought to the table the last 2 games. One thing very consistent is his booming kickoffs. This is a great weapon making team’s start repeatedly at the 20.

The quarterbacks coming into week 1 give me a ton of confidence with how they will play. It is such a great problem to have these 2 consistent quarterbacks with Cassel and Bridgewater.

The group of players I am most excited about is the linebacker corps. I don’t know who will be cut but whoever remains we can be assured of one thing can be said. All guys will be athletic and ball hawkers.

I just got the gut feeling we are onto something special for the season. I feel the Wilfs’ finally got the right guy in charge and his coaching staff as well.

Sunday September 7th cannot come soon enough!!!!

SKOL VIKINGS

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

 


No comments:

Post a Comment