Friday, April 11, 2014

Draft Day movie- A must see


The mock drafts are rolling each day with so much speculation and seemingly football stories that are never ending. I decided to take a break from reading and take in football in a different capacity. I went to opening night of the movie “Draft Day” starring Kevin Costner.

I am by no means a movie critic but I felt this movie I owe all fellow football fans something to think about and hope you see it.

The day of a draft we can read about but to watch it in the movie and see a little bit of what it is like in the “war room” and be given a glimpse at some of the disagreements amongst the panel was awesome.

The story attempts to show the stress that a general manager goes through. The calls, the offers, the pressure that Costner went through in making sure his team got the best player that could make an immediate impact. The fans, the media, the owner all give their opinions adding to Costner’s stress was well done as well.

The movie took us to stadiums in Buffalo, Kansas City, Seattle and Jacksonville as well as Cleveland as these teams were in talks to make trades with the Cleveland Browns.

The movie also did a great job in New York City with the draft itself. I loved how the movie had Chris Berman, Rich Eisen and John Gruden involved as though the 2014 draft really was going on. Gruden gave his 2 cents about players that were to be drafted in the first round even though the names of these players were not actually in the real draft next month. It was just cool to see how the movie makers made this happen.

Commissioner Roger Goodell played a part in introducing the players that were taken just like he does in the real draft. Deion Sanders and Ray Lewis were in the movie as well as they were in the backstage.

I did not want the movie to end as I really felt this production gave football fans a small glimpse of the stress of what goes on behind the scenes.

The movie also gave us some feel into a draft party as we were part of the Cleveland Browns party. The first round picks were brought on stage to meet the fans.

I know May 8th is the real draft and I will be at the Vikes at the Convention Center so to see this in the movie gets me pumped to be part of the event.

I recommend this movie big time to all football fans. It is a keeper and when it becomes available it will be part of my football collection.

Thanks for reading

Photo
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment