Thursday, March 13, 2014

Vikes come through again in Free Agency

Captain Munnerlyn
ANTOINE WINFIELD            CAPTAIN MUNNERLYN
The Minnesota Vikings continued to show me just how bad they want to turn this ship around. I am on cloud 9 with the signing of Linval Joseph on Tuesday and now Thursday late afternoon around 5 word came the team has signed Captain Munnerlyn.
I have not been this excited about a signing for the defensive backfield  since the signing of Antoine Winfield. I looked at size of these 2 players which shows 1 inch difference in height and 5 pounds. If Munnerlyn can tackle anything like Winfield hang onto your purple hats.
Captain as you know comes to the Purple from the Carolina Panthers who finished 4th in defense overall in the NFL and 3rd against the pass. The Vikes got a man who was part of this tough group of Panthers.
I love having 2 new Vikings who have come from teams that the defense has been strong. I have serious football fever. Thank you Viking organization for making this push and spending money in an effort to make the team more competitive in 2014.
I love having dreams of seeing Xavier Rhodes art one corner and Munnerlyn at the other. I know the season is far away yet but this fan can always enjoy thinking positive.
The team also announced the resigning of Defensive Tackle, Fred Evans for another season. Fred gives the team some more depth at this position.
All I can say is Coach Zimmer has come in all the team has done thus far is bolster the defense. I can only imagine the future to what the offense will get for help.
Thanks for reading
Purplestick
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment