Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hoping Childs can make the comeback


85- GREG CHILDS IN 2012 TRAINING CAMP




The Vikings have starts such as Adrian Peterson, Chad Greenway, and Jared Allen just to name a couple that get a ton of press. I would like to look at a few players over the next few days I would like to see have a good camp with the hopes of making the team.

In 2012 Greg Childs with the 134th pick in the 4th round out of the University of Arkansas. The combine in Indianapolis before the draft in 2012 Childs ran a 4.53 40 yard dash. He also had a 36 ½ vertical jump and 10’5” broad jump.

He stands at 6’3 “and weighs 217 pounds. Sidney Rice and Randy Moss have come and gone. The draft provided the Vikings with the next big athletic man in hopes. The unthinkable happened in Training Camp when he tore both torn patellar tendons and was out for the season.
I will never forget being in attendance at the scrimmage on August 2nd when we saw him down. It was a scene I will never forget. We did not know of course until later the damage. I had so much hope for this big man to be a big contributor especially in the red zone. Childs was out for the year and never played a down.
I am extremely excited what he is capable of doing in 2013 camp. My fingers are crossed we will see positivity. I am pulling for you Greg to make the comeback. If he can just start out slow and work his way back I will be very pleased. The Vikings do have one of the best in the business in Eric Sugarman, head athletic trainer, who may just be Childs best friend. Only time will tell
Thanks for reading
Purplestick



No comments:

Post a Comment