Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pro Bowl rosters announced

A season turning out with positivity just keeps getting better. On Wednesday December 26th at 6:00 pm the rosters for the Pro Bowl were release on the NFL Network Channel.
I sat anxious in hopes of the team I love to follow would get multiple players on the NFC squad. This Pro Bowl roster is always full of controversy of players left off. Yes, I know not every NFL player can make it but still I can always hope the Vikings players would be rewarded.

The four players chosen I could not be happier for. Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson did not surprise me at all. Adrian’s 5th Pro Bowl selection now leads all active running backs with the 5. A guy who has worked his butt off deserves everything coming his way. There can never be enough awards to give Adrian for what he is doing.

I have a twitter account and found a quote by Peterson that went as follows,” I’m also thankful that Jerome was selected, but I’m disappointed that none of the guys up front were chosen. This is a man who recognizes and understands he could not get the big runs without help. The majority of yards he gets are on 2nd and 3rd efforts but he still needs a hole to get it started.

This offseason when Jerome Felton was signed a free agent who would have seen this coming. The guy has been more valuable than ever clearing holes and getting into the second waves and taking on linebackers. This is just another great signing in the offseason to go along with the great draft by the Vikings. Congrats to Jerome Felton!!
He is the 3rd fullback in Minnesota history to make the Pro Bowl

Jared Allen, is there a guy who works any harder? The sack numbers are down from last year but does he ever put effort. In either being at a game or watching the TV who do you see hustling down the line of scrimmage or chasing down field a running back or quarterback? Yes, Jared and add in the fact of how many plays is he double teamed yet still makes the tackle.

Blair Walsh a pleasant surprise as we see him beat out veterans for his trip to Hawaii. This has got to be the steal of the draft. I am so happy for him. He did not have a very good senior year in college leaving teams in doubt. The Minnesota Vikings thought enough of him that they cut veteran Ryan Longwell. This has got to be one of the best stories in the NFL and he is our very own for years to come. Walsh is also the first Vikings rookie kicker to make the Pro Bowl.

I congratulate all 4 for a very well deserve honor.

I have to add that I am disappointed in a few that were snubbed. I know players will drop out for various reasons and some of these Vikings could still go.

I really felt Matt Kalil had such a good shot with the season he is having. The guy comes in as a rookie and starts all 16 games. He has been so dominating. I know he has a long future and may make it sometime but as of Wednesday I am disappointed.

Chad Greenway who is the 2nd leading tackler in the league I am also disappointed for him not getting in. The guy leads the Vikings week after week in tackles. I do believe he will go but not the way I was hoping. I was in hopes he would get voted in.

John Sullivan leading this resurgent line I had hopes as well. Antoine Winfield in year 14 and still playing like he was in his early 20’s. The man is short in height but plays as big as anyone in the NFL. The amazement of his hitting ability just does not get old.

There can be arguments for more as each team is left shaking their heads on why certain players did not make it.

Congrats again to Adrian, Jerome, Jared and Blair for making it to Hawaii. There is of course a chance none of these guys even make the trip to Hawaii. The reason I am referring to is if the Vikings are playing in the Super Bowl. Is it really that bad to have hopes and dreams?

Thanks for reading
Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment